The SXSW Music Festival
Austin is gearing up for SXSW 2018! The massive, powerhouse festival celebrates music, film, and all things digital and high-tech. Attendees can experience one of the most talked about events in entertainment. Over 2,000 acts are set to perform at the SXSW Music Festival, held at various locations near our hotel and throughout the downtown Austin area.
Dates for this year’s South by Southwest® (SXSW) Conference and Festivals
are March 9, 2018 through March 18, 2018.
What to Expect
- As the largest music festival of its kind, attendance to this year’s 10-day festival is estimated at around 300,000 people.
- Each year, the SXSW Music Festival showcases an eclectic mix of artists performing in bars, clubs, hotels, and events venues in Austin.
- So far, over 200 Showcasing Artists have been announced, including rising stars from 32 countries.
- SXSW Film will feature independent screenings, exclusive previews, and some of the year’s most anticipated Hollywood productions.
- The Interactive Festival highlights the industry’s most prominent innovators. This popular networking event includes everything from parties to award ceremonies.
- The SXSW Networking events are once-in-a-lifetime experiences that provide opportunities to meet and network with creative people and industry insiders from across the world.
- In addition to the conferences and festivals, SXSW will host a series of world-class exhibitions. Many of this year’s SXSW exhibitions, including the trade show and gaming expo, will be held at the Austin Convention Center, which is located only two blocks from our downtown hotel.
Stay Close to the Festival
As an official SXSW hotel partner, JW Marriott Austin provides the ideal downtown accommodations with unique deals to enhance your trip to Austin. Situated near SXSW event venues—including 6th Street and the Austin Convention Center—our hotel offers a convenient location within walking distance to concerts and conference festivities.
Want to do SXSW like a VIP? View our Austin 360 Package!