Explore Austin’s Best Fall Festivals & Concerts
When it comes to concerts, Austin reigns near the top of the country’s live music scene. Festivals and concerts are essential to Austin’s culture and fall is the perfect time of year to join in the fun.
Check out all the things to do in downtown Austin, TX this fall.
The 16th Annual ACL Music Festival
Austin’s Zilker Park hosts the annual Austin City Limits Music Festival, which, since its inaugural in 2002, has grown to near epic proportions. Last year, 75,000 people attended ACL per day over six days. ACL 2017 features 8 stages and 140 bands. Headliners include Jay Z, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Martin Garrix, The Killers and more.
- Location – 2100 Barton Springs Road. Zilker Park is only 2 miles from our downtown hotel
- Dates – Weekend 1 10/6-10/8, Weekend 2 – 10/13-10/15
- Hours – 11am-10pm Daily
- Tickets – Aside from General Admission, VIP and Platinum access is also available.
- VIP Grove – Enjoy a relaxed setting in a private lounge with catered meals, specialty drinks, and mini spa treatments.
- Platinum Lounge – With prime stage views, this luxe lounge in a tree-filled oasis comes complete with gourmet meals, private bars, and first-class service.
- For more information about tickets and wristbands, visit http://www.frontgatetickets.com/festivals/austin-city-limits/
- Parking – No parking is available on festival grounds. Parking pass options are available, but alternative transportation/walking is strongly recommended.
- Transportation Options
- Free Shuttle – From downtown’s Republic Square at 4th and Guadalupe (only .4 miles from JW Marriott Austin Downtown)
- Hike and Bike Trail – The Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail is a lush, urban walkway leading directly to the festival. It’s only 1.8 miles from our hotel.
- For more info on hiking, biking, shuttles, Ride Shares, and public transportation, please visit Visit W3Schools!https://www.aclfestival.com/information/
- Austin Kiddie Limits – Located at a securely designated area at Zilker Park, parents and kids can enjoy a family-friendly environment with activities like arts and crafts.
- Hours: 11am – 7pm
- Kids 10 and under are admitted free with ticket-holding adult. Limit 2 per adult.
Events in the Live Music Capital
There is no shortage of fun things to do in downtown Austin, TX, especially in the fall, when the city is home to a seemingly endless list of events, concerts, and festivals.
Visit our Deals page for exclusive savings for these events!