Our Hotel Near University of Texas Austin
The University of Texas at Austin, located near our hotel, embodies the same spirit of creativity and entrepreneurial achievements Austin is known for. Founded in 1883, on land set aside by the Republic of Texas, the University has a rich history and has been an integral part of Texas culture since its inception. Today the UT Austin is one of the largest research universities in the nation, and is home to more than 51,000 students in 170 different fields of study.
Throughout the year, the institution draws thousands of visitors for a variety of events. Parents, friends and prospective students tour the campus, attend games, class reunions, lectures and special events, visit with friends, or just stroll the beautiful grounds.
Attending an event or touring the campus?
Check out this helpful visitor’s guide:
- Guided walking tours are a great way to learn about the historical landmarks and works of art on campus. Student-led walking tours are free of charge and start at the Visitor’s Center. Make sure you register in advance.
- Cheer on the Longhorns at Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium. Currently in its 92nd season, DKR boasts the largest scoreboard in collegiate sports, towering at 55 ft. high and 134 in length, it’s a sight to behold and guarantees you won’t miss any of the action on the field.
- Be sure to visit one of the many museums, libraries or educational centers when you visit the campus. Blanton Museum of Art boasts a variety of traditional and contemporary pieces, and the Texas Memorial Museum bring to life the history of the Lone Star state.
- A must see for any aspiring doctors, Dell Medical School at UT Austin is one of the country’s newest medical institutions, and the first to be built from the ground up at a top-tier research university in decades.
- Don’t miss out on a live performance during your visit. From comedians to musicals, Texas Performing Arts is must-see for prospective students, tourists and alumni alike! Check out their events schedule here.
- Hungry? The campus offers a variety of casual dining options. Grab a coffee or bite to eat at Jester Java, located on the ground floor of Jester Center. There’s also a food court, buffet dining and a live music café.
- Parking on campus is in high demand. Although there are 9 parking garages, roughly 70,000 individuals access the facility daily. The university recommends UT Shuttle or Capital Metro as an alternative option.
Conveniently Located Near UT Austin Campus
Our hotel near UT Austin is located 1.5 miles from the campus. Whether you’re visiting a friend, catching a game or attending an event like homecoming or parents’ weekend, our hotel services and amenities provide you with all the luxuries of modern living.
During your next trip to University of Austin Texas, be sure to stay at our luxurious and conveniently located hotel – the JW Marriott Austin. Hook ‘em horns!