New Year’s Events in Austin
Austin is full of great ways to celebrate the start of 2018. The city offers everything for ringing in the new year, from music and dancing, to family-friendly events, there’s something for everyone to enjoy as you say goodbye to 2017.
- Willie Nelson & Family New YearThis three-night event from December 29th to the 31st, also features artists such as Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real, and Blackberry Smoke performing at ACL Live at the Moody Theater. Austin and Willie Nelson are the perfect match, so make sure to ring in 2018 with the city’s beloved hometown musician.
- Austin’s New Year 2018This alcohol-free, family-friendly event showcases Austin’s diversity, creativity, and “keep Austin weird” lifestyle. Be sure to catch all the entertainment at this event including live music, jugglers, storytellers, fire dancers, and a remarkable firework show. Austin’s New Year 2018 is located at 900 W Riverside Dr, only a six-minute walk from the JW Austin.
- New Year’s Eve at JW MarriottRather spend the night in? JW Austin has you covered. Kick-off 2017 in the comfort of our urban resort with our New Year’s Eve Package.
- Package includes:
- Deluxe Accommodations
- Bottle of champagne and dessert welcome amenity
- 2 cocktails in our lobby bar
- 1pm late checkout on New Year’s Day
New Year, New You
Following a sizzling lineup of Austin’s 2017 New Year’s Eve events, the tradition of over-indulgence will have many of us promising vows of self-improvement.
So, with the temptations of holiday feasting behind us, New Year’s resolutions offer a great opportunity to make healthy (and practical) changes in our lives.
Set Yourself Up for Success
When it comes to resolutions, settings goals can be inspiring. Keeping them, on the other hand, is no small task. Consider these helpful hints:
- Start with small, reasonable goals.
- Be specific. A resolution to eat no fried foods for 2 months is easier than a promise to simply eat healthy.
- Create reminders for yourself. Or, share your goals with friends and family on social media, for instance, and follow with updates throughout the year.
- Overwhelming yourself with a lofty bucket list.
- Vagueness. A resolution to be healthy is not so easy to follow.
- An Intangible To-Do-List. Keeping a mental log can be tough. Instead, write your goals down on paper and keep it where you’ll see it often.
Fulfill Your New Year’s Resolutions in Austin
Before the obligations of work and family life set in, take this time to jump-start your New Year’s resolutions at our Austin hotel.
Whether it’s fitness and weight loss, beauty and personal well-being, or stress management, our Austin hotel features a seamless blend of health and recreation facilities. Our fitness center, rooftop pool, and Spa by JW are located on the 5th floor.
Fitness and Weight Loss
Mixing up your workout is the best way to burn more fat and calories.
Our ultra-modern fitness and recreation facilities feature:
- A wide range of training equipment systems
- Indoor cycling machines, treadmills, ellipticals
- Strength training, flexibility, and endurance training equipment
- Rooftop Pool
- Interval training (cycling, running, rowing) jump starts your metabolism and help burn more calories throughout the day.
- If weight loss is your goal, start your exercise routine with a series of short cardiovascular workouts. Take short breaks between workouts.
- Avoid overusing leg muscles by including strength training on one to two days per week.
- Swimming provides a great resistance and core strengthening workout.
From breakfast and mid-morning snacking to an alfresco lunch and formal dinner. When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, our Austin hotel features several onsite restaurants that offer healthy and delicious food options.
- Osteria Pronto features authentic Italian cuisine (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Corner Restaurant is a casual, Texas-style eatery focusing on simple, local ingredients (lunch and dinner)
- EDGE Rooftop Pool Bar offers light meals and salads, poolside. (11am to 10pm)
Wellness and Beauty
This New Year, relax and rejuvenate with indoor and outdoor indulgences at our urban resort hotel in downtown Austin.
Spa by JW
Spa by JW—a 4,600-sq. ft. full-service spa—features a demystified approach to wellness. Simple, yet luxurious, our spa offers:
- An Intuitive Menu
- With treatments that focus on your individual wellness goals.
- Private Pods
- This experience provides a calm, removed setting where you can focus on your own sense of Zen.
- Spa Lounge
- Wind down with a warm cup of tea or glass of wine.
Pool Bar and Cabanas
After your workout or spa treatment, step outside for a relaxing afternoon by the pool.
Private cabanas feature:
- A spaciously designed retreat, large enough to comfortably seat 8-10 people.
- Large fans and flat screen TV
- Complimentary bottled water
- Poolside food and beverage service