Spend a Day in the Live Music Capital of the World
A day in the Music Capital of the World can be as adventurous or relaxed as you want it to be. Whatever you’re inspired to experience, one thing’s for certain—you’ll never run out of things to do in downtown Austin. With nearly 200 live music venues just outside our doors, a variety of music festivals throughout the year, inspiring art museums within easy reach and endless shopping pursuits, the city’s offerings are plentiful and diverse. To help you out, we’ve designed a sample itinerary so you can get an idea of what to expect when you stay with JW Marriott Austin, one of the most conveniently located South Congress hotels in Austin, TX.
A Day in Austin
- Get your morning caffeine fix at our onsite Starbucks, located within steps of your room. You’re welcome.
- If it’s Saturday or Sunday, you’re in luck—the best brunch in Austin is happening at Corner Restaurant with unique menu items like Pig & Monkey Bread with bacon and salted caramel, ‘White Chicken Chili’ Quiles and Crab & Crawfish Eggs Benedict.
- Walk off breakfast calories by peering into the windows of the funky boutiques of South Congress, like the cowboy-themed Alan’s Boots and vintage goods at New Bohemia. The area is also renowned for its unique galleries.
- All shopped out? Feel like being in nature? Head to Lady Bird Lake’s Hike & Bike Trail for a scenic tour of the Austin outdoors.
- Refuel for lunch by heading back towards the hotel and treating yourself to a gourmet burger at Burger Bar, showcasing ingredients from local Texas farms, ranchers and creameries.
- Were you inspired by your lunch? Continue being inspired by making your way over to the Blanton Museum of Art, home to more than 17,000 works.
- This is your time to relax and settle in. Head to the veranda at OP Italian for a glass of wine before feasting on one of our authentic Italian entrees.
- When your appetite is satiated, choose from 200 live music venues outside our doors for a first-hand experience of the Music Capital of the World.